Healthy Lunch Recipes for Work
We’ve seen that the humble sandwich is the nation’s favourite lunch, but what if you are looking for a healthy alternative? Working with the team at Menagerie in Manchester, we’ve created a healthy, quick and easy chicken salad recipe to get you prepped for work the next day.
For the salad:
• Baby cucumber
• Red and yellow chicory
• Baby gem lettuce
• Baby tomatoes
For the chicken:
• 2 chicken breasts
• Frying pan
• Salad bowl
• Mandolin slicer or sharp knife
• Chopping board
1. Pre-heat oven to 185°c / gas mark 4
2. Prepare your vegetables by slicing carrots, cucumber, chicory, tomatoes and lettuce.
3. Preheat oil in a frying pan.
4. Fry the chicken for a few minutes and add butter, garlic and rosemary, making sure to cook both sides. Add seasoning.
5. Transfer the frying pan to the oven for 12 minutes and cook the chicken until golden. Alternatively, use a deep baking tray.
6. While the chicken is cooking, season and toss the vegetables with oil in a salad bowl.
7. Slice the chicken into segments and plate with the salad or into a lunch box for work the next day.
8. Serve and enjoy!